I came across this picture over FB some months ago, I’m not sure where. As I was cleaning my desktop items, I get to read it again. I’m sure I saved it before with the intention of sharing it in this blog.
As I get to read this again, I noticed that this was written by Richard Macalintal. I’m not sure if he’s the same guy from TGFI, but if he’s the same person, thanks for this man.
According to him, here are the 12 reasons why Filipinos are not Investing. I simply edited and added ‘Saving’ because saving must come first before investing right? And I think this applies to us either OFW or not.
12 Reasons Why Filipinos are not Saving and Investing
- JANUARY – Nagbabayad pa ng utang ng dumaang Pasko. Kinulang pa ang 13th month pay, daming namasko at pinapasko eh.
- FEBRUARY – Valentines Day! Kakain sa labas, syempre yung sosyal na play. May regalo. Tapos Chinese New Year pa nga pala.
- MARCH – Graduation time. Siyempre ipaghahanda ng bonggang bongga.
- APRIL – Summer vacation. Travel dito, travel doon. Pupunta sa beach.
- MAY – Hays enrollment na naman. Taas na ng matrikula sa school (nagtaka ka pa?)
- JUNE – Simula na ng uma-umagang baon. Kailangan mo na rin bumili ng mga bago ng gamit sa school, magbayad ng mga fees gaya ng school bus at iba pa.
- JULY – Nagbabayad ka pa ng utang mo noh, kinapos ka sa pang tuition di ba?
- AUGUST – Ghost month! Di magandang mag invest.
- SEPTEMBER – mmmm… Mag iinvest na sana kaya lang narinig ang … whenever I see girls and boys selling lanterns on the street… ber month na pala! Wag muna, marami kang pag gagamitan sa pasko.
- OCTOBER – Naghahanda ka na sa Halloween. Syempre bakasyon uli, out of town.
- NOVEMBER – 2nd Sem na. Magbabayad ka na naman sa school. Di bale, malaki naman matatanggap mo next month. Bumale ka na lang sa boss mo.
- DECEMBER – Pasko na kaso, nagastos mo na yung pera last month. Umutang ka na lang muna. Kailangan maidaos ng masagana ang pasko. Pano na lang kung maraming mamasko sa inyo. Baka sabihin POOR ka.
Did you learn something? SHARE to your friends so they can learn as well. And let’s hope that they take ACTION after learning.
Latest posts by Garry De Castro (see all)
- Cashalo Mobile App Launched – Aims to Unlock Financial Access to Filipinos - October 24, 2018
- BPI Depositors Reported Mysterious Account Transactions - June 7, 2017
- How to be the Best Stock Investor in 2017 - February 14, 2017
- 4 Things I Learned About Rich People by Chinkee Tan - November 24, 2016