2013 started with a bang! Altho I haven’t really made my first article that summarizes 2012 as a whole, I’ll just have to do this one as I’ve been getting a lot of questions how to do this. How to make additional investments to your Sun Life Mutual Funds via Online Fund transfer?
Originally, the way to make additional investments is via bank deposit or thru Sun Life Sales offices – step by step procedure here. But if you’re a busy person working on an 8-5 or 9-6 job, going out of the office may not be a pleasant idea especially if the bank nearest you would require riding a jeep or a tricycle only to find out that you have to fall in line for 30 minutes.
So what’s the next best alternative? Do it via Online Fund transfer if you have BPIExpressonline, BDO Online or even MetrobankDirect account. All of these are online accounts where you can easily make Fund Transfer and Bills payment online.
Assumption is that you already have an online account of course. Also, your Mutual Fund Account with Sun Life should be enrolled to Mutual Fund Services -> Facsimile transactions. (if you’re my client, you’re automatically enrolled to this).
Enrolled accounts may be exempted from submitting original documents on the following subsequent transactions:
- subsequent subscription
- transfer or redemption without share certificate
Not applicable to the following, so you or your MF rep must submit the original documents within 3 business days:
- All initial subscriptions
- Transfers or redemption with issued share certificate
- Enrollment/Request or Application for MF Privileges/Services
To avail, the investor has to enroll each of his account in the facility
- Enrollment should be very specific and must indicate the client nos./ Account Numbers of the accounts to be enrolled. Client name is not enough, specially if client has several accounts or plans to open other accounts with SLAMC.
- Download Enrollment To MF Services here. Sign and contact your MF Representative.
- Enrollment to be finalized and activated only upon receipt of originally signed document
- Enrollment via email or fax is not allowed.
Accounts that are not enrolled in the facility may still submit via fax to meet 12 noon cut-off
- BUT MF rep is required to submit all original documents within 3 business days.
- Transactions that are not covered by the facsimile facility and with incomplete or no original documents within 3 business days shall be referred and reported to compliance as incomplete transactions.
If you want to regularly add on your Sun Life Mutual Funds minus the hassle of going out and falling in line, then follow these instructions.
BPIExpressonline.com – for an Online Tour for 1st Timers, try this https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/direct_onlinetour.htm
- Login to your BPIExpressonline.com
- Under Fund Transfer, click Enroll Third Party Accounts. You will then be brought to a page similar to this. Then select the method that is most convenient to you. Personally I chose number 2.
- The account that you will Enroll is this – Bank of the Phil. Islands 0073-1798-07 (Sun Life Asset Management Company Inc.)
- Once you submitted the form to your branch, you just wait til it appears under Third Party Accounts. Something like the image below and make the Transfer in a Flash.
- Once you made the Transfer, you will then receive a Confirmation Email.
- Accomplish a Subsequent Order Ticket and along with the Printed Confirmation email from BPI, fax the document to (632) 849-9744 or 849-9740. The document will be processed based on the time when the faxed document was received by SLAMC. Or if you’re my client, you can simply scan the Subsequent Order Ticket and email it to me along with the Confirmation Email and I’ll do the rest.
For BDO Online and MetrobankDirect, almost the same concept. You have to Enroll the Account of Sun Life Asset Management Company Inc. as 3rd Party Account then you can easily make your Online Fund Transfers anytime you want at the frequency you want.
Here’s the corresponding Account Number for BDO and Metrobank
- www.BDO.com.ph – Banco de Oro 046-004225-4
- www.Metrobank.com.ph – Metrobank 066-3718-10691-6 (with charges if provincial account)
If there’s anything I missed or a little confusing, please call my attention by commenting in the form below or texting / calling me directly to 0922 897 8077
Please SHARE to your friends and relatives. Just one click on the SHARE button and you help spread the news. Who knows, this might be useful for them too.
Latest posts by Garry De Castro (see all)
- Cashalo Mobile App Launched – Aims to Unlock Financial Access to Filipinos - October 24, 2018
- BPI Depositors Reported Mysterious Account Transactions - June 7, 2017
- How to be the Best Stock Investor in 2017 - February 14, 2017
- 4 Things I Learned About Rich People by Chinkee Tan - November 24, 2016