It’s already running late, but I just have to share this. This is actually shared to me by a good friend and fellow investor Junar Nabong over Facebook. It’s a story of a mutual fund investor who was able to grew his money from P300,000 to almost P2.9Million. But here’s the catch, it’s actually a true story.
Meet Alfonso Gonzales – who invested his P300,000 in 1998 in mutual funds. Guess where he invested it – in mutual funds? Why mutual funds? In the video, he actually revealed why.
Oh, one more thing – he got the P300,000 from winning as the Grand Winner of Battle of the Brains College level – how cool is that? Probably the reason why he has a high hairline, just kidding haha.
Actually, the total winnings is P500,000 less 20% tax – he was able to bring home P400,000. Minus all the balatos, shopping spree, blow outs etc. At first, it was deposited in Time Deposits (back then, interest rates are around 10%). He even tried investing in the stock market but in the end, he chose mutual funds to free him in monitoring them.
So much for the kwento, much better if you watch the video.
Moral lesson of the story – If you don’t watch your money, it will disappear quickly.
If you have money in the bank that you don’t plan in spending in the next 3-5 years, better invest it in Mutual Funds.
Did you get inspired by his story? Hit SHARE or COMMENT and inspire others to invest also!
- anc on the money (54)
- yhs-004 (13)
- on the money anc (6)
- anc on the money 2014 episodes (5)
- alfonso gonzales mutual fund investor (2)
- anc on money march 20 2014 (2)
- anc on the money alfonso gonzales (1)
- on the money on anc philippines (1)
- anc money 2013 (1)
- battle of the brains champion philippines who invest in mutual funds (1)
Latest posts by Garry De Castro (see all)
- Basics of Cash Flow – Plant A Money Tree - March 3, 2014
- [Video] 2014 COL Fundamental and Technical Outlook - February 27, 2014
- Mutual Fund Song - February 3, 2014
- Kuripot Pinay, Saving and New Year’s Resolution - January 11, 2014