How to Fund Switch Your Sun Life Mutual Funds

Sun Life Financial is the only company in the Philippines offering a “family of funds”. Unlike other mutual fund companies in the Philippines, Sun Life Financial allows its investors to transfer their placements between the Sun Life Prosperity Funds as much as four times a calendar year, without being subjected to any charges or fees.

This is because Sun Life Financial believes that investors’ needs change over time, and that they should not be penalized for shifting from one fund to another, if so dictated by their prevailing investment requirements. This is part of Sun Life Financial’s objective of becoming a total financial services company that is responsive to people’s needs.

In case you’d like to make a switch to a different fund, you simply need to download the Order Ticket for Redemption/Interfund Transfer. It looks exactly the one below.

Order Ticket for Sun Life Redemption and Interfund Transfer

Make sure you fill up the following important details

  • Client Number or Account Number
  • Account Name
  • Under Interfund Transfers, write the Date. You may skip on the Application Number.
  • From (Fund Name) – the original fund
  • Number of Shares or Amount to be Transferred – you may simply put the Exact number of shares or just the amount
  • To (Fund Name) – destination fund where you want to transfer
  • Your signature
  • Date

In case you requested for a Certificate of Shares, the original share certificate (if issued) of the investment for transfer must be submitted with the Order Ticket for Redemption/Interfund Transfer.

If you’re enrolled with Fascimile Transactions, you may simply fax the filled up Order Ticket (Redemption/Interfund Transfer) to (632) 849-9744 or 849-9740.

If not enrolled, you must submit the original Order Ticket to the nearest Sun Life Office in your area.

For my clients (in case you’re a client of mine), you may simply scan the filled up document and email it to me and I’ll do the rest.


You may also read this


Please SHARE to your friends and relatives. Just one click on the SHARE button and you help spread the news. Who knows, this might be useful for them too.

The following two tabs change content below.
Garry Zaldy de Castro is an advocate, Financial Advisor, Certified Investment Solicitor (Mutual Fund Representative), blogger, IT practitioner, husband to Aileen and a dad to Jacob and JohnD. He started Financial Planning Philippines in 2008 just to share his financial learning to friends, relatives and anyone who wishes to be financially independent.


  1. Hi, Sir. Thanks po for sharing this information. Question lang po, applicable po rin ba ito for Sun MaxiLink Prime? Pasensya na po, di ko kasi ma-contact yung agent ko. Buti na lang meron mga taong tulad nyo na nag-iimpart ng knowledge samin. Thanks in advance po and more power po sa inyo.

    1. Hi Kei, for Maxilink Prime, you’ll need to submit a form – Financial Amendment Form and afix your signature.

      You may do this by going to any Sun Life store if u cant contact your advisor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.