The long wait is finally over. Last Thursday, I joined a contest at Yugatech for a Free Ticket Pass for the 2nd Search Engine Marketing 2008 happening this September 9-10, 2008. And now, finally, the result has been released – Winners of SemCon 2008 Passes.
Out of the 5 entries vieing for the Top 3, luckily, we got the first spot, securing attendance to one of my target event for this year. Originally, I really am planning to attend SemCon 2008. However, upon confirming the registration fee (Php9,500 for the 2 day event), I had to think twice. Good thing that in one of my conversation with Mariane Olano, a colleague, she asked if I was planning to attend SemCon08. The positive that I am, I said yes, eventhough I’m still unsure where to get the needed cash (definitely not from savings, it should come from receivables). Ever since I started practicing financial planning, I had inculcated this idea that if I want to buy something, I had to raise money for that one, not from what I already have or earned. Back to the story, so Mariane told me that Yugatech is giving away FREE tickets to SemCon 2008, to which I’m instantly interested.
So I quickly checked the site and read the mechanics. A plan in my mind was made. But the action didn’t come as quickly as it should. Procrastination is eating me up again. Then the following night, I was watching Pinoy Dream Academy 2. They had this sort of workshop from Malou De Guzman (if I’m not mistaken). Topic was, how badly do the scholars want to end up as the Grand Dreamer. And the key pointer was, if you want something badly, how much are you willing to give, just to get that something. Whapak. As if I was struck by lightning. Is she pertaining to me as if asking me how badly do I want to attend the seminar? How much am I willing to give or do? That was it.
That night was a wake up call for me. So the next thing I did was formalize the plan. I will have to take a photo of my baby for the photo entry (see the image above – notice Jacob was caught unprepared? Sorry son, hehe) and I have to create a blog entry. Hoping that either of the 2 will land me a Free Pass. I quickly got the camera, took a picture of Jacob and that’s it. The next morning, I made some edit on the photo then submitted the photo entry right away. Then, quickly after that, I gathered all my thoughts and write the blog entry (SemCon08, A Must See Event…) . I even asked for support from my friends which they all generously granted. Thanks guyz / gals. Thanks Yuga. You’re all amazing. Now here I am, writing my victorious story to share with you. Yeah, I know, promise is a promise, I’ll share whatever learning I will get and post it here.
To sum it up, here are the Lessons of the Story:
- If you want something badly, always ask yourself. How much am I willing to give, to get that something. Ask and you shall receive + hardwork, of course.
- In financial planning, having cash is good. But if you could raise money or make a way to buy that thing that you want, that’s a lot better. Savings is savings and should be used for emergency purposes only.
- Friends will always be there to support you in a way or the other.
Latest posts by Garry De Castro (see all)
- Cashalo Mobile App Launched – Aims to Unlock Financial Access to Filipinos - October 24, 2018
- BPI Depositors Reported Mysterious Account Transactions - June 7, 2017
- How to be the Best Stock Investor in 2017 - February 14, 2017
- 4 Things I Learned About Rich People by Chinkee Tan - November 24, 2016