One way that some investors used in buying particular stocks is by means of the dividends that they regularly give. At first, I wasn’t very much familiar looking at the dividend rates as well as dividend schedules. But after attending one seminar that touched on the topic of dividends, I quickly looked for the Philippines’ stocks dividend schedules that I can take advantage of.
And guess what, here’s what I found out. You can actually take advantage of every stocks dividend schedule if you buy such stock 1 day before the ex dividend date. I just don’t know if anyone actually does buy stocks a day before the ex dividend rate. But for the sake of trying, that’s what I actually did in some of my stocks and that’s another story.
Here’s the Philippines’ Stocks dividend schedule for March 2011.
- AMC – special div(P0.125/share) ex date
- SLF – C$0.36/share – record date
- ANS – cash div (P0.12/share) ex-date
- AMC – special div record date
- IMI – cash div (P0.044/share) ex-date
- ANS- cash div record date
- PX – cash div (P0.16/share) ex-date)
- TOL – cash div (P0.152/share) ex-date
- SHNG – cash div (P0.03852/share) ex-date
- TEL – regular and special cash div (P144/share) ex-date
- RFM – cash div (P0.02968/share) ex-date
- AP – cash div (P1.32/share) ex-date
- TEL – regular and special cash div record date
- ALI – cash div (P0.0733/share) ex-date
- MER – cash div (P2.65/share) ex-date
- ACPR – cash div (9.4578% per annum) ex-date
- MER – cash div record date CLOUD – cash div (P0.11/share) ex-date
- PEC – cash div (P1.50/share) ex-date
- AMC – special div payable date
Among the stocks on the list, I was able to buy TEL and AP (altho not that big) a day before the ex dividend date – yipee. Hopefully it will continue to rise so that aside from the dividends, I can get a good profit when I sell.
Latest posts by Garry De Castro (see all)
- Cashalo Mobile App Launched – Aims to Unlock Financial Access to Filipinos - October 24, 2018
- BPI Depositors Reported Mysterious Account Transactions - June 7, 2017
- How to be the Best Stock Investor in 2017 - February 14, 2017
- 4 Things I Learned About Rich People by Chinkee Tan - November 24, 2016