If you have a Sony Ericsson K608i and always complaining with its big size, hard to press keypad and not so easy to use joystick, maybe I can show you a better way to appreciate this phone. As the title says it all, yes, you can use your Sony Ericsson K608i as a Modem and connect to the internet faster than a dial up connection can offer you.
- Using Globe or Smart, download the GPRS Setting to your phone to enable internet browsing. I’m not sure how this is done with Smart. As a Globe user, I don’t know either. I simply called Globe using 211 (don’t worry, its free), then asked the operator to send me the settings for the phone instead. Maybe you can do the same with Smart.
- Once activated, download and install Sony Ericsson PC Suite. (Only support Windows 2000/XP/Vista).
- Once installed, connect your Sony Ericsson K608i via USB to your PC or laptop. This will then install the Modem of your phone to your PC or laptop.
- Once finished, launch your Sony Ericsson PC Suite [Start>All Programs>Sony Ericsson> Sony Ericsson PC Suite.
- Click Mobile Networking Wizard then New Connection. Select your phone modem and Connect.
For Globe subscribers you can take advantage of the P5 per 15mins by sending TIME to 1111. Otherwise, you will be charged P0.15 per kb, if you fail to do so.
Aside from Sony Ericsson K608i, other cellphones that can be used as a modem and surf anywhere are:
Nokia 3120 (as being advertised by Globe ) – P7,290.00
And all cellphones that have Bluetooth, GPRS, USB Cable (I’m not sure if you can do so without this), and PC Suite (for your laptop or PC) Installed. Check for your phone specs as well as your network provider if your current phone is supported.
Latest posts by Garry De Castro (see all)
- Cashalo Mobile App Launched – Aims to Unlock Financial Access to Filipinos - October 24, 2018
- BPI Depositors Reported Mysterious Account Transactions - June 7, 2017
- How to be the Best Stock Investor in 2017 - February 14, 2017
- 4 Things I Learned About Rich People by Chinkee Tan - November 24, 2016